BRAINBOOSTER PODCAST EP29 : CHINA : THE PRICE OF PROGRESS IS THE PAIN OF CHANGE
Today’s podcast is an opportunity for me to share with you some observations on the challenge of CHANGE
How can we change ?
What do we need to DO?
What are the consequences of change?
I have just returned from a wonderful working trip to China.
A place full of contrast and mystery.
Something VERY different for me
In today’s show, we talk about the UNKNOWN
Going into that strange place called the unfamiliar
How the human brain is a paradox in the sense that it wants change but at the same time RESISTS it with all of its might
The very thought of stepping into the unknown can and does cause some intense physical reactions
Some people more than others
A few people are fortunate to have no fear of the unknown
The rest of us need to battle our hard wired desire for safety and security
Yet, if we don’t……..
If we do not embrace some chaos and cling dearly to the order, our lives become very rigid and predictable
We become a fraction of what we are truly capable of becoming
In today’s episode, we discuss :
- Facing up to the fear of change
- The consequences if we don’t
- How other people can make or break our world
- The price of progress being the ‘pain of change’
- How coming out the other side feels so good
- The sense of achievement of changing your normal patters and habits
- The importance of resisting the urge to want to fix the issue of discomfort and make things better in the moment
- The mental discipline required to change
- How change can lead to new energy
- New experiences
- New opportunities
A thought provoking session that will hopefully get you to THINK about the decisions you are making and the direction of your life’s trajectory
LISTEN TO THE FULL PODCAST HERE